Kernel Bug Tracker – Bug 9649
SC-5200 + wine = System freeze
Last modified: 2008-09-26 07:06:38 UTC
Most recent kernel where this bug did not occur: UnknownDistribution: Ubuntu 7.10 64-bit
-- Processor: Amd Athlon 3800+ X2 2,0 Ghz
-- Ram: 2 Gb ram
-- Motherboard: Asus A8R-MVP
-- Harddrive: Samsung 200Gb
-- Soundcard 1: Onboard
-- Soundcard 2: Trust SC-5200
-- Clean installation of Ubuntu 7.10 64-bit with latest wine (0.9.51) installed.
Running any part of wine freezes up the whole system. Both SSH connections, the normal X screen and any other device, including sound played by for example music players, freezes up. After about 10 seconds the system reboots.
Steps to reproduce:
Run any part of wine on the system described above.
By removing my second sound card it works. By disabling my onboard sound it still causes the freeze.
Attempting to connect by ssh and other methods have failed.
The description is too ambiguous. Please make clear some facts:
- Do you mean "disabling the onboard sound without any extra soundcard causes the freeze", or "disabling the onboard sound and with the extra soundcard causes the freeze"?
- Which drivers are used for the sound devices?
- Any program except for wine causes this bug?
- Any kernel oops or panic messages? What about serial console connection? No alt-sysrq response?
- Does the problem appear on newer kernels?
any update on this?
could you provide the needed information