Created attachment 256855 [details]
Kernels 4.11+ reset BIOS settings on Thinkpad Yoga
Description of problem:
After installing Linux 4.11, my BIOS settings get reset on every restart. Booting the system after it was run with kernel-4.11.3-200.fc25.x86_64 shows a BIOS message "Configuration was reset", the system restarts and all settings are reset to default.
This doesn't happen with the 4.10 kernels.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install kernel-4.11 or 4.12-rc2
2. Boot into it
3. Restart the system
4. "Configuration was reset" BIOS message is shown
5. The system resets
6. BIOS settings are back to default
7. Change some BIOS settings
8. Boot with an older kernel (<=4.10), and reboot
9. BIOS settings stay as set
The system restarts without resetting BIOS settings
* Thinkpad S1 Yoga (Type 20CD)
* Tested BIOS versions 1.29 and 1.31 (latest)
Sorry, seems like this was already reported as #195951. My bad!
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 195951 ***