All processes are incorrectly logged in pacct file as having user id 0.
I confirm this bug. All processes are being logged with UID 0.
sa -m gives me correct output about time, but wrong about user usage, because all the time goes to account root and no other users are reported
Tested with the following kernel versions:
Working correctly with:
I tried various configs, but no luck so far.
OS: CentOS 5.4
Linux centos5-64 2.6.32 #1 SMP Mon Dec 14 11:24:29 EET 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Gnu C 4.1.2
Gnu make 3.81
binutils 22.214.171.124.6 and 2.20 tested too
Linux C Library 2.5
Dynamic linker (ldd) 2.5
enabling/disabling CONFIG_BSD_PROCESS_ACCT_V3 makes no difference
GNU Accounting Utilities (release 6.3.5-ts02-12)
GNU Accounting Utilities (release 6.5.1),
The .config file is attached to this bug.
Created attachment 24177 [details]
the kernel .config file
I tracked down when the problem first appeared.
The problem comes with this commit:
My temporary resolution is reverting the patch between, but I guess it is better a kernel developer to take a look at it.
Hello Michal Schmidt,
I see you are the author of the patch of the above commit which triggered the problem reported in this bug, so I thought you might want to take a look at this bug.
Alexey Dobriyan posted a patch for this bug already (http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/11/30/425) and I ACKed it (http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/1/290).
It has not been merged yet to Linus's tree, but I hope it will be soon.
Thank you for reporting bugs.
The patch works for me. Thank you for the prompt reply
bsdacct: fix uid/gid misreporting