Bug 13564 - random general protection fault at boot time caused by khubd.
random general protection fault at boot time caused by khubd.
Status: CLOSED UNREPRODUCIBLE
Product: Drivers
Classification: Unclassified
Component: USB
All Linux
: P1 normal
Assigned To: Greg Kroah-Hartman
:
Depends on:
Blocks: 13070
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2009-06-18 12:44 UTC by Pauli
Modified: 2009-10-26 18:55 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Kernel Version: git & Ubuntu 2.6.30-9
Tree: Mainline
Regression: Yes


Attachments
dmesg from failed boot (38.84 KB, text/plain; charset=us-ascii)
2009-06-18 12:44 UTC, Pauli
Details
Config that I used to compile kernel (98.37 KB, text/plain; charset=us-ascii)
2009-06-18 12:48 UTC, Pauli
Details
lspci -vvvnn (11.81 KB, application/octet-stream)
2009-06-18 13:53 UTC, Pauli
Details
lsusb -v (10.01 KB, application/octet-stream)
2009-06-18 13:53 UTC, Pauli
Details
objdump -dS timer.o (164.94 KB, text/plain)
2009-07-01 00:51 UTC, Pauli
Details

Description Pauli 2009-06-18 12:44:48 UTC
Created attachment 21982 [details]
dmesg from failed boot

I firt saw this in the kernel 2.6.30-8 from Ubuntu Karmic.
Afer that I have upgraded to 2.6.30-9 which has caused same problem.
Now I wanted to try vanila git kernel with radeon KMS so I compiled my own kernel from git. Today I saw it first time also with this kernel.

What happens:
1. I make cold boot or restart
2. Computer boots normaly except all USB ports are dead
3. dmesg shows general protection error caused by khubd

This problem doen't happen even nearly every boot. I would give around 20% chance for khubd failure without collecting statistics.
Comment 1 Pauli 2009-06-18 12:48:21 UTC
Created attachment 21983 [details]
Config that I used to compile kernel
Comment 2 Pauli 2009-06-18 13:53:02 UTC
Created attachment 21985 [details]
lspci -vvvnn
Comment 3 Pauli 2009-06-18 13:53:32 UTC
Created attachment 21987 [details]
lsusb -v
Comment 4 Greg Kroah-Hartman 2009-06-19 23:29:06 UTC
Can you reproduce this on a kernel.org kernel release and not a ubuntu one?
Comment 5 Pauli 2009-06-20 00:58:16 UTC
yes. I was able to reproduce it with Linus' git tree from Wednesday. I did compile newer git version today which haven't at least yet caused the USB bug.

I didn't apply any Ubuntu patches to git tree so this is almost vanilla kernel now (alomost=one DRM fix patch)

I can help trying to collect more information from my system if anything could help resolving the bug. Bisect isn't practical because I don't know sure way to reproduce the bug.
Comment 6 Andrew Morton 2009-06-29 23:11:34 UTC
(switched to email.  Please respond via emailed reply-to-all, not via the
bugzilla web interface).

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:44:49 GMT
bugzilla-daemon@bugzilla.kernel.org wrote:

> http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13564
> 
>            Summary: random general protection fault at boot time caused by
>                     khubd.
>            Product: Drivers
>            Version: 2.5
>     Kernel Version: git  & Ubuntu 2.6.30-9
>           Platform: All
>         OS/Version: Linux
>               Tree: Mainline
>             Status: NEW
>           Severity: normal
>           Priority: P1
>          Component: USB
>         AssignedTo: greg@kroah.com
>         ReportedBy: suokkos@gmail.com
>         Regression: Yes
> 
> 
> Created an attachment (id=21982)
>  --> (http://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=21982)
> dmesg from failed boot
> 
> I firt saw this in the kernel 2.6.30-8 from Ubuntu Karmic.
> Afer that I have upgraded to 2.6.30-9 which has caused same problem.
> Now I wanted to try vanila git kernel with radeon KMS so I compiled my own
> kernel from git. Today I saw it first time also with this kernel.
> 
> What happens:
> 1. I make cold boot or restart
> 2. Computer boots normaly except all USB ports are dead
> 3. dmesg shows general protection error caused by khubd
> 
> This problem doen't happen even nearly every boot. I would give around 20%
> chance for khubd failure without collecting statistics.
> 

This is a regression in 2.6.30.8.  However we are not told which kernel
version we regresed against.  Which is the latest kernel which was
known to work OK?

The bad bit is:


: [    1.604937] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 1732k
: [    1.672060] Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 736134769 ns)
: [    1.704695] usb 3-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
: [    1.858154] general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP 
: [    1.858277] last sysfs file: 
: [    1.858318] Modules linked in:
: [    1.858393] 
: [    1.858435] Pid: 231, comm: khubd Not tainted (2.6.30-9-generic #10kms5-Ubuntu) Aspire 1350
: [    1.858485] EIP: 0060:[<c053595b>] EFLAGS: 00010202 CPU: 0
: [    1.858541] EIP is at schedule_timeout+0x12b/0x1b0
: [    1.858585] EAX: 000004e0 EBX: 000004e0 ECX: c07eed54 EDX: b48c4368
: [    1.858631] ESI: df97fd14 EDI: c07ee440 EBP: df97fd54 ESP: df97fd00
: [    1.858677]  DS: 007b ES: 007b FS: 00d8 GS: 00e0 SS: 0068
: [    1.858723] Process khubd (pid: 231, ti=df97e000 task=df973e30 task.ti=df97e000)
: [    1.858771] Stack:
: [    1.858809]  de118b60 1c800000 fffedcd6 000004e2 00000296 00000000 00200200 fffee1b8
: [    1.859102]  c0144100 df973e30 c07ee440 c05356d2 6275686b 64640064 00000000 00000000
: [    1.859462]  000000e7 b48c4368 df97fda4 000004e2 df97fda8 df97fd8c c05356d2 df97fdb0
: [    1.859857] Call Trace:
: [    1.859898]  [<c0144100>] ? process_timeout+0x0/0x10
: [    1.859985]  [<c05356d2>] ? wait_for_common+0xa2/0x120
: [    1.860029]  [<c05356d2>] ? wait_for_common+0xa2/0x120
: [    1.860029]  [<c0131260>] ? default_wake_function+0x0/0x10
: [    1.860029]  [<c05357cd>] ? wait_for_completion_timeout+0xd/0x10
: [    1.860029]  [<c03da8c9>] ? usb_start_wait_urb+0x99/0xb0
: [    1.860029]  [<c03daae0>] ? usb_control_msg+0xc0/0x120
: [    1.860029]  [<c03daaf0>] ? usb_control_msg+0xd0/0x120
: [    1.860029]  [<c03db2d5>] ? usb_get_descriptor+0x95/0xc0
: [    1.860029]  [<c03de702>] ? usb_get_configuration+0xa2/0x3e0
: [    1.860029]  [<c03de736>] ? usb_get_configuration+0xd6/0x3e0
: [    1.860029]  [<c03db3b4>] ? usb_get_device_descriptor+0xb4/0xc0
: [    1.860029]  [<c03d4bad>] ? usb_configure_device+0xcd/0x100
: [    1.860029]  [<c03dcc27>] ? usb_autopm_do_device+0x67/0xf0
: [    1.860029]  [<c03d4dcb>] ? usb_new_device+0x2b/0xc0
: [    1.860029]  [<c03d5627>] ? hub_port_connect_change+0x3f7/0x7e0
: [    1.860029]  [<c03daaf0>] ? usb_control_msg+0xd0/0x120
: [    1.860029]  [<c03d323b>] ? clear_port_feature+0x4b/0x60
: [    1.860029]  [<c03d6a95>] ? hub_events+0x1f5/0x500
: [    1.860029]  [<c0535251>] ? __schedule+0x431/0x750
: [    1.860029]  [<c014ef0a>] ? finish_wait+0x4a/0x70
: [    1.860029]  [<c03d6dd5>] ? hub_thread+0x35/0x150
: [    1.860029]  [<c014eda0>] ? autoremove_wake_function+0x0/0x40
: [    1.860029]  [<c03d6da0>] ? hub_thread+0x0/0x150
: [    1.860029]  [<c014ea46>] ? kthread+0x46/0x80
: [    1.860029]  [<c014ea00>] ? kthread+0x0/0x80
: [    1.860029]  [<c0103ef7>] ? kernel_thread_helper+0x7/0x10
: [    1.860029] Code: 8b 55 bc 89 f8 e8 86 18 00 00 e8 31 fc ff ff 89 f0 e8 3a e7 c0 ff a1 00 da 72 c0 29 c3 89 da 89 d8 c1 fa 1f f7 d2 21 d0 8b 55 f0 <65> 33 15 14 00 00 00 75 46 83 c4 48 5b 5e 5f 5d c3 8d 74 26 00 
: [    1.860029] EIP: [<c053595b>] schedule_timeout+0x12b/0x1b0 SS:ESP 0068:df97fd00
: [    1.864916] ---[ end trace f734973b361164b7 ]---
Comment 7 Pauli 2009-06-29 23:30:52 UTC
2.6.28 (Ubuntu kernel were in regular use) and 2.6.29 (but less than
10 boots in this machine) haven't shown this problem. Now I haven't
seen this problem either after 2.6.31-rc1. But I have booted rc kernel
only a few time so I might have been lucky.

Versions where I have seen this is 2.6.30 from Ubuntu and git version
from time when merge window for 2.6.31 was open.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:11 AM, Andrew Morton<akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> (switched to email.  Please respond via emailed reply-to-all, not via the
> bugzilla web interface).
>
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:44:49 GMT
> bugzilla-daemon@bugzilla.kernel.org wrote:
>
>> http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13564
>>
>>            Summary: random general protection fault at boot time caused by
>>                     khubd.
>>            Product: Drivers
>>            Version: 2.5
>>     Kernel Version: git  & Ubuntu 2.6.30-9
>>           Platform: All
>>         OS/Version: Linux
>>               Tree: Mainline
>>             Status: NEW
>>           Severity: normal
>>           Priority: P1
>>          Component: USB
>>         AssignedTo: greg@kroah.com
>>         ReportedBy: suokkos@gmail.com
>>         Regression: Yes
>>
>>
>> Created an attachment (id=21982)
>>  --> (http://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=21982)
>> dmesg from failed boot
>>
>> I firt saw this in the kernel 2.6.30-8 from Ubuntu Karmic.
>> Afer that I have upgraded to 2.6.30-9 which has caused same problem.
>> Now I wanted to try vanila git kernel with radeon KMS so I compiled my own
>> kernel from git. Today I saw it first time also with this kernel.
>>
>> What happens:
>> 1. I make cold boot or restart
>> 2. Computer boots normaly except all USB ports are dead
>> 3. dmesg shows general protection error caused by khubd
>>
>> This problem doen't happen even nearly every boot. I would give around 20%
>> chance for khubd failure without collecting statistics.
>>
>
> This is a regression in 2.6.30.8.  However we are not told which kernel
> version we regresed against.  Which is the latest kernel which was
> known to work OK?
>
> The bad bit is:
>
>
> : [    1.604937] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 1732k
> : [    1.672060] Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 736134769 ns)
> : [    1.704695] usb 3-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
> : [    1.858154] general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP
> : [    1.858277] last sysfs file:
> : [    1.858318] Modules linked in:
> : [    1.858393]
> : [    1.858435] Pid: 231, comm: khubd Not tainted (2.6.30-9-generic #10kms5-Ubuntu) Aspire 1350
> : [    1.858485] EIP: 0060:[<c053595b>] EFLAGS: 00010202 CPU: 0
> : [    1.858541] EIP is at schedule_timeout+0x12b/0x1b0
> : [    1.858585] EAX: 000004e0 EBX: 000004e0 ECX: c07eed54 EDX: b48c4368
> : [    1.858631] ESI: df97fd14 EDI: c07ee440 EBP: df97fd54 ESP: df97fd00
> : [    1.858677]  DS: 007b ES: 007b FS: 00d8 GS: 00e0 SS: 0068
> : [    1.858723] Process khubd (pid: 231, ti=df97e000 task=df973e30 task.ti=df97e000)
> : [    1.858771] Stack:
> : [    1.858809]  de118b60 1c800000 fffedcd6 000004e2 00000296 00000000 00200200 fffee1b8
> : [    1.859102]  c0144100 df973e30 c07ee440 c05356d2 6275686b 64640064 00000000 00000000
> : [    1.859462]  000000e7 b48c4368 df97fda4 000004e2 df97fda8 df97fd8c c05356d2 df97fdb0
> : [    1.859857] Call Trace:
> : [    1.859898]  [<c0144100>] ? process_timeout+0x0/0x10
> : [    1.859985]  [<c05356d2>] ? wait_for_common+0xa2/0x120
> : [    1.860029]  [<c05356d2>] ? wait_for_common+0xa2/0x120
> : [    1.860029]  [<c0131260>] ? default_wake_function+0x0/0x10
> : [    1.860029]  [<c05357cd>] ? wait_for_completion_timeout+0xd/0x10
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03da8c9>] ? usb_start_wait_urb+0x99/0xb0
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03daae0>] ? usb_control_msg+0xc0/0x120
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03daaf0>] ? usb_control_msg+0xd0/0x120
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03db2d5>] ? usb_get_descriptor+0x95/0xc0
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03de702>] ? usb_get_configuration+0xa2/0x3e0
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03de736>] ? usb_get_configuration+0xd6/0x3e0
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03db3b4>] ? usb_get_device_descriptor+0xb4/0xc0
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03d4bad>] ? usb_configure_device+0xcd/0x100
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03dcc27>] ? usb_autopm_do_device+0x67/0xf0
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03d4dcb>] ? usb_new_device+0x2b/0xc0
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03d5627>] ? hub_port_connect_change+0x3f7/0x7e0
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03daaf0>] ? usb_control_msg+0xd0/0x120
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03d323b>] ? clear_port_feature+0x4b/0x60
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03d6a95>] ? hub_events+0x1f5/0x500
> : [    1.860029]  [<c0535251>] ? __schedule+0x431/0x750
> : [    1.860029]  [<c014ef0a>] ? finish_wait+0x4a/0x70
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03d6dd5>] ? hub_thread+0x35/0x150
> : [    1.860029]  [<c014eda0>] ? autoremove_wake_function+0x0/0x40
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03d6da0>] ? hub_thread+0x0/0x150
> : [    1.860029]  [<c014ea46>] ? kthread+0x46/0x80
> : [    1.860029]  [<c014ea00>] ? kthread+0x0/0x80
> : [    1.860029]  [<c0103ef7>] ? kernel_thread_helper+0x7/0x10
> : [    1.860029] Code: 8b 55 bc 89 f8 e8 86 18 00 00 e8 31 fc ff ff 89 f0 e8 3a e7 c0 ff a1 00 da 72 c0 29 c3 89 da 89 d8 c1 fa 1f f7 d2 21 d0 8b 55 f0 <65> 33 15 14 00 00 00 75 46 83 c4 48 5b 5e 5f 5d c3 8d 74 26 00
> : [    1.860029] EIP: [<c053595b>] schedule_timeout+0x12b/0x1b0 SS:ESP 0068:df97fd00
> : [    1.864916] ---[ end trace f734973b361164b7 ]---
>
>
Comment 8 Alan Stern 2009-06-30 14:25:51 UTC
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Andrew Morton wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:44:49 GMT
> bugzilla-daemon@bugzilla.kernel.org wrote:
> 
> > http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13564
> > 
> >            Summary: random general protection fault at boot time caused by
> >                     khubd.

> > I firt saw this in the kernel 2.6.30-8 from Ubuntu Karmic.
> > Afer that I have upgraded to 2.6.30-9 which has caused same problem.
> > Now I wanted to try vanila git kernel with radeon KMS so I compiled my own
> > kernel from git. Today I saw it first time also with this kernel.
> > 
> > What happens:
> > 1. I make cold boot or restart
> > 2. Computer boots normaly except all USB ports are dead
> > 3. dmesg shows general protection error caused by khubd
> > 
> > This problem doen't happen even nearly every boot. I would give around 20%
> > chance for khubd failure without collecting statistics.
> > 
> 
> This is a regression in 2.6.30.8.  However we are not told which kernel
> version we regresed against.  Which is the latest kernel which was
> known to work OK?
> 
> The bad bit is:
> 
> 
> : [    1.604937] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 1732k
> : [    1.672060] Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 736134769 ns)
> : [    1.704695] usb 3-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
> : [    1.858154] general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP 
> : [    1.858277] last sysfs file: 
> : [    1.858318] Modules linked in:
> : [    1.858393] 
> : [    1.858435] Pid: 231, comm: khubd Not tainted (2.6.30-9-generic #10kms5-Ubuntu) Aspire 1350
> : [    1.858485] EIP: 0060:[<c053595b>] EFLAGS: 00010202 CPU: 0
> : [    1.858541] EIP is at schedule_timeout+0x12b/0x1b0
> : [    1.858585] EAX: 000004e0 EBX: 000004e0 ECX: c07eed54 EDX: b48c4368
> : [    1.858631] ESI: df97fd14 EDI: c07ee440 EBP: df97fd54 ESP: df97fd00
> : [    1.858677]  DS: 007b ES: 007b FS: 00d8 GS: 00e0 SS: 0068
> : [    1.858723] Process khubd (pid: 231, ti=df97e000 task=df973e30 task.ti=df97e000)
> : [    1.858771] Stack:
> : [    1.858809]  de118b60 1c800000 fffedcd6 000004e2 00000296 00000000 00200200 fffee1b8
> : [    1.859102]  c0144100 df973e30 c07ee440 c05356d2 6275686b 64640064 00000000 00000000
> : [    1.859462]  000000e7 b48c4368 df97fda4 000004e2 df97fda8 df97fd8c c05356d2 df97fdb0
> : [    1.859857] Call Trace:
> : [    1.859898]  [<c0144100>] ? process_timeout+0x0/0x10
> : [    1.859985]  [<c05356d2>] ? wait_for_common+0xa2/0x120
> : [    1.860029]  [<c05356d2>] ? wait_for_common+0xa2/0x120
> : [    1.860029]  [<c0131260>] ? default_wake_function+0x0/0x10
> : [    1.860029]  [<c05357cd>] ? wait_for_completion_timeout+0xd/0x10
> : [    1.860029]  [<c03da8c9>] ? usb_start_wait_urb+0x99/0xb0

This looks like a bug in schedule_timeout, to judge by the EIP value.  
Which would make it a core kernel issue, unrelated to USB.

Alan Stern
Comment 9 Andrew Morton 2009-06-30 16:36:02 UTC
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:25:47 -0400 (EDT) Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Andrew Morton wrote:
> 
> > On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:44:49 GMT
> > bugzilla-daemon@bugzilla.kernel.org wrote:
> > 
> > > http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13564
> > > 
> > >            Summary: random general protection fault at boot time caused by
> > >                     khubd.
> 
> > > I firt saw this in the kernel 2.6.30-8 from Ubuntu Karmic.
> > > Afer that I have upgraded to 2.6.30-9 which has caused same problem.
> > > Now I wanted to try vanila git kernel with radeon KMS so I compiled my own
> > > kernel from git. Today I saw it first time also with this kernel.
> > > 
> > > What happens:
> > > 1. I make cold boot or restart
> > > 2. Computer boots normaly except all USB ports are dead
> > > 3. dmesg shows general protection error caused by khubd
> > > 
> > > This problem doen't happen even nearly every boot. I would give around 20%
> > > chance for khubd failure without collecting statistics.
> > > 
> > 
> > This is a regression in 2.6.30.8.  However we are not told which kernel
> > version we regresed against.  Which is the latest kernel which was
> > known to work OK?
> > 
> > The bad bit is:
> > 
> > 
> > : [    1.604937] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 1732k
> > : [    1.672060] Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 736134769 ns)
> > : [    1.704695] usb 3-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
> > : [    1.858154] general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP 
> > : [    1.858277] last sysfs file: 
> > : [    1.858318] Modules linked in:
> > : [    1.858393] 
> > : [    1.858435] Pid: 231, comm: khubd Not tainted (2.6.30-9-generic #10kms5-Ubuntu) Aspire 1350
> > : [    1.858485] EIP: 0060:[<c053595b>] EFLAGS: 00010202 CPU: 0
> > : [    1.858541] EIP is at schedule_timeout+0x12b/0x1b0
> > : [    1.858585] EAX: 000004e0 EBX: 000004e0 ECX: c07eed54 EDX: b48c4368
> > : [    1.858631] ESI: df97fd14 EDI: c07ee440 EBP: df97fd54 ESP: df97fd00
> > : [    1.858677]  DS: 007b ES: 007b FS: 00d8 GS: 00e0 SS: 0068
> > : [    1.858723] Process khubd (pid: 231, ti=df97e000 task=df973e30 task.ti=df97e000)
> > : [    1.858771] Stack:
> > : [    1.858809]  de118b60 1c800000 fffedcd6 000004e2 00000296 00000000 00200200 fffee1b8
> > : [    1.859102]  c0144100 df973e30 c07ee440 c05356d2 6275686b 64640064 00000000 00000000
> > : [    1.859462]  000000e7 b48c4368 df97fda4 000004e2 df97fda8 df97fd8c c05356d2 df97fdb0
> > : [    1.859857] Call Trace:
> > : [    1.859898]  [<c0144100>] ? process_timeout+0x0/0x10
> > : [    1.859985]  [<c05356d2>] ? wait_for_common+0xa2/0x120
> > : [    1.860029]  [<c05356d2>] ? wait_for_common+0xa2/0x120
> > : [    1.860029]  [<c0131260>] ? default_wake_function+0x0/0x10
> > : [    1.860029]  [<c05357cd>] ? wait_for_completion_timeout+0xd/0x10
> > : [    1.860029]  [<c03da8c9>] ? usb_start_wait_urb+0x99/0xb0
> 
> This looks like a bug in schedule_timeout, to judge by the EIP value.  
> Which would make it a core kernel issue, unrelated to USB.
> 

That sounds pretty unlikely.

The oops is a bit odd though - maybe some interrupt went off and
scribbled on the stack?  Or some DMA operation?

Also there is:

> 2. Computer boots normaly except all USB ports are dead
Comment 10 Alan Stern 2009-06-30 18:18:14 UTC
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > This looks like a bug in schedule_timeout, to judge by the EIP value.  
> > Which would make it a core kernel issue, unrelated to USB.
> > 
> 
> That sounds pretty unlikely.

Indeed, it is extremely unlikely.

> The oops is a bit odd though - maybe some interrupt went off and
> scribbled on the stack?  Or some DMA operation?

If that's so, it won't be easy to track down.

> Also there is:
> 
> > 2. Computer boots normaly except all USB ports are dead

That's because the khubd thread died.  Without it, there's nothing 
monitoring any USB ports.

Pauli, can you send a disassembly listing of your schedule_timeout 
function?  It might help to know exactly what statement corresponds to 
offset 0x12b.

Alan Stern
Comment 11 Pauli 2009-07-01 00:51:02 UTC
Created attachment 22155 [details]
objdump -dS timer.o

This should be recompiled from same source as backtrace was. I have already upgraded to newer kernel.
Comment 12 Pauli 2009-07-13 06:59:27 UTC
I'm now traveling so can't test anything much but I haven't faced this problem ever after updating to rc1 kernel. So only kernel versions when merge window was open was affected.

I can try to go back to test earlier kernel version to locate what fixed the problem. If problem was something timing related then this bug still might be jsut hidden under somewhere.
Comment 13 Alan Stern 2009-07-28 18:52:41 UTC
Should this bug report be closed?
Comment 14 Pauli 2009-09-07 21:47:56 UTC
This probably should be closed because I'm notable to reproduce this any more after rc1. So I guess this was caused by some bug which was fixed.
Comment 15 Greg Kroah-Hartman 2009-09-10 22:29:44 UTC
Thanks, am closing out.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.