Initially reported on RedHat's bug-tracker: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1243609
I have a laptop with Elantech ETPS/2 Touchpad (hardware version 4 with firmware version 0x381f00 according do dmesg). It'is recognized with both libinput or synaptics (latter with /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-libinput.conf commented out or deleted) and works flawlessly without any hiccups. Unfortunately after resuming from suspend touchpad is "dead":
- It's absent in `xinput list` output
- dmesg doesn't say anything about it on resume
- Xorg removes it after resume with message in Xorg.0.log:
> config/udev: removing device ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad
> UnloadModlue: "synaptics"
- objects present before suspend in /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/ (like reg_07 for instance) are absent after resume.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. power on, use touchpad with no problems
2. suspend (mem sleep)
Touchpad is dead.
Touchpad should work without any problems, just like before suspend.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 107971 ***