Bug 11278 - 2.6.27-rc2: Very odd top: '5124095h kthreadd' display
Summary: 2.6.27-rc2: Very odd top: '5124095h kthreadd' display
Status: CLOSED CODE_FIX
Alias: None
Product: Process Management
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Other (show other bugs)
Hardware: All Linux
: P1 normal
Assignee: process_other
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Regressions-2.6.26
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2008-08-07 13:54 UTC by Rafael J. Wysocki
Modified: 2008-08-17 05:18 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Kernel Version: 2.6.27-rc2
Tree: Mainline
Regression: Yes


Attachments

Description Rafael J. Wysocki 2008-08-07 13:54:23 UTC
Subject    : 2.6.27-rc2: Very odd top: '5124095h kthreadd' display
Submitter  : Grant Coady <grant_lkml@dodo.com.au>
Date       : 2008-08-07 7:03
References : http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121809267318795&w=4

This entry is being used for tracking a regression from 2.6.26.  Please don't
close it until the problem is fixed in the mainline.
Comment 1 Rafael J. Wysocki 2008-08-10 09:25:54 UTC
On Sunday, 10 of August 2008, Grant Coady wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:57:26 +0200, "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:
> 
> >On Sunday, 10 of August 2008, Grant Coady wrote:
> >> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 00:43:52 +0200 (CEST), "Rafael J. Wysocki"
> <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:
> >> 
> >> >This message has been generated automatically as a part of a report
> >> >of recent regressions.
> >> >
> >> >The following bug entry is on the current list of known regressions
> >> >from 2.6.26.  Please verify if it still should be listed and let me know
> >> >(either way).
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >Bug-Entry : http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11278
> >> >Subject           : 2.6.27-rc2: Very odd top: '5124095h kthreadd' display
> >> >Submitter : Grant Coady <grant_lkml@dodo.com.au>
> >> >Date              : 2008-08-07 7:03 (3 days old)
> >> >References        :
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121809267318795&w=4
> >> >
> >> 
> >> Patch from Peter Z. fixed it for me, so it may be removed now.
> >
> >Is the patch in the mainline already?
> 
> No idea.
> >
> >If not, can you please provide me with a link to the patch?
> 
> root@twins:/mnt/build/linux-2.6# git show
> 4a273f209cc95d148f79b4c96d3d03997b44ffda | patch -p1 -R
> patching file kernel/sched_clock.c
Comment 2 Rafael J. Wysocki 2008-08-10 09:26:34 UTC
Handled-By : Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org>
Comment 3 Rafael J. Wysocki 2008-08-17 05:17:42 UTC
On Sunday, 17 of August 2008, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 21:02 +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > This message has been generated automatically as a part of a report
> > of recent regressions.
> > 
> > The following bug entry is on the current list of known regressions
> > from 2.6.26.  Please verify if it still should be listed and let me know
> > (either way).
> > 
> > 
> > Bug-Entry   : http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11278
> > Subject             : 2.6.27-rc2: Very odd top: '5124095h kthreadd' display
> > Submitter   : Grant Coady <grant_lkml@dodo.com.au>
> > Date                : 2008-08-07 7:03 (10 days old)
> > References  : http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121809267318795&w=4
> > Handled-By  : Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org>
> 
> 
> Should be fixed by: e26b33e9552c29c1d3fe67dc602c6264c29f5dc7

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.